Review for The Alice Network by Kate Quinn




Today I am sharing my review of The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

4/5 Stars

Favorite Quotes:

“The hangover of war was still visible here in a way you didn’t see in New York” pg 5
“What about your war? Because everyones war was different.” pg 73
“War. Such a small, hopeless word to cover so much loss.” pg 91
“Life ought to be more like a play; the entrances and exits would be a lot cleaner.” pg 163
“There are two kinds of flowers when it comes to women. The kind that sit safe in a beautiful vase, or the kind that survive in any conditions…even in evil.” pg 336
“I’d never crossed paths with evil, just sadness and failure and bad choices.” pg 336

Two women, two wars, two worlds a part. But maybe the women aren’t so different, and maybe the years were different but isn’t war all the same when it comes to losing something or someone you love, and isn’t the world a bit smaller when people you know intersect and bring strangers together.

The Alice network is a beautifully crafted book that covers World War I and the aftermath of World War II. Charlie and Eve are brought together by one link and the journey they go on together to figure out the past is amazing. I could not put this book down. I am always intrigued by stories about spies and Eve was a spy during WWI and it absolutely riveted me to read her her story and the sacrifices she made for the war effort. Charlie is a wealthy girl who finds her self with a “little problem” that is due in 9 months. She comes to Europe to manage the “little problem” but ends up deciding that before she can deal with her “little problem” she must first discover what truly happened to a beloved cousin. The adventure is long but so well worth this books 500 pages.

Happy Reading,
Rachael

Comments

  1. Hi Rachael! I am so happy to have found your blog. I listened to you as a guest on the 'What Should I Read Next' podcast and felt an immediate kinship with you. I too am a ridiculously avid reader (ridiculous in a wonderful way, of course!) who does not have a very big network of 'reading friends' in my life. I only recently discovered the podcast mentioned above and have listened to a handful of episodes; you are the guest I have related to the most. This particular book, 'The Alice Network' is on my wishlist and will very soon be moved to my cart due to your awesome review. I love historical fiction and especially read a lot of novels set during WW2. How amazing that you have a blog AND an Instagram account devoted solely to reading. I have chills! So nice to 'meet' you. I look forward to reading the rest of your posts (I started at the beginning.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts