Review for The Stars are Fire by Anita Shreve



Good evening readers today I am sharing my review for The Stars are Fire by Anita Shreve

4/5 Stars

Favorite Quotes:
“Each house has its own signature, unknown to all except the grown children who go back to visit.” page 13

I loved this book. The writing pulled me in instantly and the story was so readable. The main character Grace Holland is a wife, mother, friend, and daughter. I related to all of her roles because I fill each one of those roles too. She is something to everyone but does not realize her own strength until a fire that burns her coastal town tests her resolve and ability to survive. I read this book in two days time because I could not put it down. Every time I picked up the story I got so lost in Shreve’s writing. This is not a happy go lucky book, and to be perfectly honest it is a very depressing read but it done so well and the writing is very strong that you want to keep reading.

Happy Reading,
Rachael

Comments

Popular Posts