Bear Town by Fredrik Backman




Bear Town by Fredrik Backman is going to stay with me for a very long time. I recommend this book highly but also very carefully because it is a tough read. The content has lots of triggers and it is a very honest book because Backman does not hold anything back in this book. If you have read any of his other books you will be very surprised about how different this one is because the tone and themes are completely opposite from his other books. If you struggle with reading things that have any triggers I don’t recommend this book, but if you are looking for a book that is beautifully written, strongly told, and a look into the thoughts of why people do what they do then this is a book you should read. Honestly since I just finished reading it last night I still don’t quite have the words yet to give any review, but simply put I think it is a very beautifully written book that handles a topic that is extremely sensitive in a way that makes you think and process a lot about people and maybe yourself because I kept thinking "what would I have done in this situation?". The book scared me, made me think, and introduced me to things I never knew were happening in the sporting world.

Happy Reading,
Rachael

Comments

Popular Posts