Review for Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser


Good evening readers today I am sharing my review for Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser

2/5 Stars

For many of you I know this review will not sit nicely because quite a few of you commented how much you loved this book. I think that is wonderful! I love it when people love a book that I did not enjoy. It makes for great discussion and always shows that a book is not meant for every person.

This story is about Violet and Finn. Their "meet cute" story is told at parties and they are in love with their little boy named Bear. But things are not going as smoothly as they appear because when Violet returns from some relaxing time alone on the beach she discovers an empty hotel room and her world comes crashing in around her.

For me the story dragged on and on. The characters bothered me and the main events that took the whole book to get to fell flat for me. The only character who saved this book for me was Violet. I loved her and I thought she was the only character who was real in the book. Another thing I did not care for was that the story alternated between the past and present for several of the characters. I feel like this writing style has been a bit over done lately and this book did not have a new take on that concept so I was just a bit bored.

Happy Reading,
Rachael

Comments

Popular Posts